mbim-network - Simple network management of MBIM devices
mbim-network [OPTIONS] [DEVICE] [COMMAND]
Simple network management of MBIM devices
start Start network connection
stop Stop network connection
status Query network connection status
--profile=[PATH] Use the profile in the specified path
--help, -h Show help options
--version Show version
1) [DEVICE] is given as the full path to the cdc-wdm character device, e.g.:
2) The mbim-network script requires a profile to work. Unless explicitly specified with `--profile', the file is assumed to be available in the following path:
3) The APN to use should be configured in the profile, in the following way (e.g. assuming APN is called 'internet'):
4) Optional APN user/password strings may be given in the following way:
5) If APN user/password is specified, the authentication protocol to use (one of PAP, CHAP or MSCHAPV2) must also be specified in the following way:
6) If you want to instruct the mbim-network script to use the mbim-proxy setup, you can do so by configuring the following line in the profile:
7) Once the mbim-network script reports a successful connection you still need to run a DHCP client on the associated WWAN network interface.
Copyright © 2013-2021 Aleksander Morgado License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for mbim-network is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and mbim-network programs are properly installed at your site, the command
should give you access to the complete manual.
This HTML page was made with roffit.