libinput is a library to handle input devices in Wayland compositors and to provide a generic X.Org input driver. It provides device detection, device handling, input device event processing and abstraction so minimize the amount of custom input code compositors need to provide the common set of functionality that users expect.
This wiki page provides high-level information, documentation about libinput's API and examples are available in the API documentation
- 0.1.0 - released February 26, 2014
- 0.2.0 - released May 22, 2014
- 0.3.0 - released June 9, 2014
- 0.4.0 - released June 24, 2014
- 0.5.0 - released July 22, 2014
- 0.6.0 - released September 11, 2014
- 0.7.0 - released December 4, 2014
- 0.8.0 - released January 15, 2015
- 0.9.0 - released January 30, 2015
- 0.10.0 - released Feb 06, 2015
- 0.11.0 - released Feb 23, 2015
cgit Web Frontend
Feature-specific documentation is available in the Related Pages section of the API documentation.
A note on feature requests
Source tarballs are available http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/
Development and discusssion of libinput happens on the email@example.com mailing list. Please submit patches to this list as well.
libinput has a bugzilla component under the Wayland product freedesktop.org Bugzilla
X.Org libinput driver
The X.Org libinput driver is a thin wrapper around libinput and allows for libinput to be used for input devices in X. This driver can be used as as drop-in replacement for evdev and synaptics. Simply build and install in your $PREFIX, then install the config file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/. Restart X and the libinput driver will take over your devices.