libinput is a library to handle input devices in Wayland compositors and to provide a generic X.Org input driver. It provides device detection, device handling, input device event processing and abstraction so minimize the amount of custom input code compositors need to provide the common set of functionality that users expect.
This wiki page provides high-level information, documentation about libinput's API and examples are available in the API documentation
- 0.1.0 - released February 26, 2014
- 0.2.0 - released May 22, 2014
- 0.3.0 - released June 9, 2014
- 0.4.0 - released June 24, 2014
- 0.5.0 - released July 22, 2014
cgit Web Frontend
- Handling absolute axes
- Clickpad software buttons
- Lenovo *40 series touchpad support
- Tap-to-click behavior
Source tarballs are available http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/
Development and discusssion of libinput happens on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. Please submit patches to this list as well.
libinput has a bugzilla component under the Wayland product freedesktop.org Bugzilla