Fontconfig Development Snapshots
- Make fontconfig thread-safe
- Use O_CLOEXEC to open a file
- Fix portability issues
- new tool, fc-validate to check the glyph coverage against the language
- Deprecate FcName(Un)RegisterObjectTypes() and FcName(Un)RegisterConstants()
- User-defined numerical expressions support in the matrix element
- Add new rule to scale the bitmap font and enabled by default
- more bug fixes The bits are available here. The ChangeLog since 2.10.2 is available here.
- Fix the build issues on Win32
- Deprecate FC_GLOBAL_ADVANCE
- Stop annoyed warnings regarding to the deprecated config path. The bits are available here. The ChangeLog since 2.9.91 is available here.
Various bug fixes and feature enhancements is included. the summary of the changes since 2.9 is:
- CACHEDIR.TAG support
- configurable fontconfig paths
elements in the alias element
- Allow matching the font file name
- Disable iconv support by default, which was used to provide a feature to convert non-Unicode SFNT names to UTF-8
- Add "namelang" object to obtain the localized name of the family, style and fullname
- Add FONTCONFIG_USE_MMAP environment variable to control the mmap usage from outside fontconfig
- Add "ignore-blanks" attribute to
- XDG Base Directory Specification support
- Warn if the multiple values is set to
- Fix cache aging for fonts on FAT filesystem
- Reflect the default language to the pattern to obtain the best font The bits are available here. The ChangeLog since 2.9.0 is available here.
FcConfigUpToDate had some bugs rendering it useless. Thanks to Lubos Lunak for fixes. Also, picky C compilers whined about a spurious comma in an enum. The bits are available here. The ChangeLog since 2.2.95 is available here.
Fontconfig was using MIN/MAX/ABS macros that happened to come from FreeType. FreeType 2.1.8 (wisely) prefixes those names with FT_ now. Fontconfig was changed to have it's own versions of these macros (FC_MIN/FC_MAX/FC_ABS) to avoid problems in the future. A few other minor changes are included in this release. The bits are available here. The ChangeLog since 2.2.94 is available here.
Fontconfig 2.2.93 was packaged with a broken version of libtool. That's the only change for fontconfig 2.2.94. The bits are available here.
Fontconfig 2.2.90 is the first snapshot in the 2.3 release cycle. The bits are available here